Writing notes isn’t just about ticking off a field in your to-do record and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication.
Within the ebook of Proverbs, King Soloman says that “A phrase fitly spoken is like apples of gold in photos of silver.” Fitly right here means “correctly,” and what’s a extra correct type of communication than a handwritten word?
For many people, handwritten notes have been a staple of rising up with dad and mom who insisted that we write “correct” thanks notes for birthday presents, Christmas presents, graduations, showers and extra. Whereas we could have considered it as a matter of etiquette, it’s actually a lot greater than that.
Handwritten notes are in all probability the warmest and most private type of communication, so incorporating them as a part of your advertising plan is the right strategy to create a better relationship along with your sphere of affect. Right here’s why try to be writing them, instruments it is best to use and a few concepts for easy methods to write them as nicely.
Advantages of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
There’s a purpose that handwritten notes are such a well-liked a part of so many brokers’ advertising plans. From new brokers to veterans, they provide unparalleled outcomes. Right here’s why they work so nicely:
Everybody is aware of that actual property is a relationship enterprise, and handwritten notes assist to construct these relationships. As a result of they really feel so private and considerate, they make a giant impression and guarantee everybody from members of your SOI to results in referral companions that they’re particular to you — and worthy of your time and a spotlight.
Improved consumer satisfaction
The non-public outreach that handwritten notes present ends in improved consumer satisfaction. Nobody needs to really feel like they’re only a quantity. Each consumer you will have needs to really feel like your favourite. Reaching out with a handwritten word can accomplish that, particularly if you embrace private particulars.
Elevated probability of referrals
The connection you construct with handwritten notes can simply translate into further referrals, particularly in case you proceed to speak with previous shoppers lengthy after the closing. As a result of private notes are sometimes stored for months or years, they outlast just about some other kind of selling collateral and maintain you high of thoughts for years to come back.
Sorts of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
Whilst you don’t want an excuse to ship a handwritten word, listed below are some key occasions within the lifecycle of your consumer relationship when a handwritten word is especially welcome.
Whether or not you’re thanking them for his or her enterprise, for a referral or for being a buddy, your recipient will likely be thrilled with a handwritten thanks word. Discover loads of concepts and examples in my article: Find out how to write the right thank-you word assured to generate leads
Comply with-up notes
How do you retain your nice first impression going after an inventory appointment, purchaser session, or interviewing along with your dream crew or brokerage? With a promptly delivered handwritten follow-up word. Recap your dialog, finish along with your CTA (name to motion) and, as all the time, categorical your honest gratitude.
‘Simply checking in’ notes
Haven’t heard from a favourite consumer or referral companion shortly? Attain out and renew the connection with a well-timed checking in word. You by no means really want an excuse to say “Hello” on this means, however if you’d like one try their social media feeds for latest life modifications or accomplishments.
Quite than sending out preprinted playing cards on the holidays, take into account a handwritten word as a substitute. Supply your warmest private needs on a sublime piece of stationery with a border shade that displays the season.
Ideas for writing efficient handwritten notes
Need to make it possible for your handwritten notes are having the affect you need on the recipient? Preserve these pointers in thoughts:
- Preserve it concise. This isn’t the time to provoke a protracted dialog. It’s simply an opportunity so that you can contact base. If you wish to have an extended dialog, achieve this by telephone or in particular person.
- Be private. Attempt to embrace one thing in regards to the recipient or about their transaction to make your word extra private and fewer generic.
- Use correct grammar and spelling. In the event you’re not nice at these components, have somebody proofread your notes for accuracy.
- Use high-quality paper and pens. It could sound old style, however the kind of writing components you utilize makes a distinction in the best way your word is perceived. Spend money on heavyweight stationery and a high-quality pen with both darkish blue or black ink.
Finest practices for incorporating handwritten notes into your actual property enterprise
- Schedule time for word writing, ideally as soon as per week or for a couple of minutes every day.
- Use a CRM to trace notes and the private particulars that make them more practical.
- Personalize notes for every recipient, referring to them the best way that you’d in actual life.
- Use handwritten notes together with digital communication to strengthen your message and improve your contact.
- Prepare your crew or brokerage on the significance of handwritten notes and take into account offering them with stationery and stamps in order that they don’t have any excuse for not writing their notes. Contemplate holding collaborative note-writing classes to make it a enjoyable group exercise.
Writing notes isn’t just about ticking off a field in your to-do record and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication. Incorporate handwritten notes into your outreach and see what an affect they’ve, each on you and on the folks to whom you ship them.
Christy Murdock is a contract author, coach and advisor and the proprietor of Writing Actual Property. Join with Writing Actual Property on Instagram and subscribe to the weekly roundup, The Ketchup.